Sunday, December 4, 2011

Down to business December 4th..

Its a little late to start working on the presentation, but ive been going back and forth on the whole plan I intended to go with. After thinking for a while, i decided to only play violin and go with the idea of 'going back to what I started music on.' To do that, I will play all three parts to Coldplay's Viva la Vida on the violin...that is to the best of my ability.... I did get a rough copy of sheet music online, but there were many corrections I made in order for it to match the song.

When I began to put my idea into a recording, I was once again reminded of the frustration that came with playing the violin. No doubt, I feel it is more difficult than the trumpet. Not only in terms of playing the notes, but also in making the sound (buzzing vs. moving arm/wrist steadily back and forth).
After almost 2 hours of playing violin today (thanks to procrastination) I managed to record a decent playthrough that still has a few mistakes here and there. But when my presentation comes, Id like to remind everyone that I have not played this instrument since 7th grade.
(I cant post the recording because its not a video file and Katie or I cant find a way to get it to work)

-Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment